Speaking the truth is important. It is also incredibly courageous. At times, this is no easy feat, but it is the honourable and right thing to do. Practising speaking the truth develops your integrity and also gives you a clear conscience. So tell things plainly and simply – exactly how they are. Here are some quotes, to encourage you do just that!!
- “Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presley
- “Truth is the torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it.” – Claude Adrien Helvetius
- “Peace if possible, truth at all costs.” – Martin Luther
- “The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.” – Ayn Rand
- “The only passion that guides me is for the truth… I look at everything from this point of view.” – Che Guevara
- “There’s nothing so kingly as kindness, and nothing so royal as truth.” – Alice Cary
- “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
- “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare
Be honest and true – hopefully you will feel better for it!! ?