I am a million pieces that you’ve found,
Shards of glass here on the ground.
So many corners in my mind,
Identifying myself? I’m hard to find.
Who am I?
I do not know,
For I was broken long ago.
Who am I?
The question vexes
For I am blind in the dark.
The question perplexes.
I sweep the shards, I get the glue,
But oh, how it pains! If you only knew
How hard it is to fuse the hardship and despair
With my positive self,
To be fully aware.
I can’t do it!
It hurts too much
To identify the bad, the ugly and such.
I can do it.
I sense it in my core.
This shattered self
Will be whole once more.
I owe it to myself.
From holes to whole
The shards fuse strong.
I am on the mend.
JOIN IN THE DISCUSSION…
- Do you think compartmentalisation is good or bad?
- Can you really know yourself if you have divided yourself into multiple sections?
- Is it just trauma that makes you compartmentalise?
- How can you fix yourself after being broken?
Credits: Picture by Tim Harris
Latest posts by Nadine Grandison-Mills (see all)
- STORY CORNER: DIARY OF AN ABUSED LOVER (CHAPTER 32) - April 17, 2017
- DITCH PEOPLE WHO WASTE YOUR TIME!! (VIDEO) - April 13, 2017
- WHAT IS IT LIKE HAVING A BIRTHMARK ON YOUR FACE??? (VIDEO) - April 6, 2017