The ability to stare fear, intimidation and danger etc. in the face and to boldly stride into uncertainty. It is this attribute that helps you to move forwards, to progress and succeed.
Fear can keep you stagnant and stop you from realising your potential. You can waste months, years or even decades in this state of inertia. Courage can rectify this. Practise it whenever you can – it helps you emerge from your comfort zone. The destination of success is leagues away from your comfort bubble and your bravery is the only mode of transport to take you there.
So are you feeling as brave as a lion yet? Here are 16 quotes, to help you get into bravery mode and tackle any obstacles you have…
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ ”– Eleanor Roosevelt
- “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- “Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared.” – Eddie Rickenbacker
- “Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount.” – Clare Boothe Luce
- “Courage is knowing what not to fear.” – Plato
- “Boldness be my friend.” – William Shakespeare
I hope you find these quotes useful. Don’t shy away. Awaken your inner lion or lioness. Be bold and brave!
Are there any other quotes that you like on courage? Please add them in the comments section below. 🙂