Having a positive mental attitude is an absolute must if you want to be happy and succeed and in life. After all, who wants negativity, filling you with doubts and despair?? Certainly not me, and I suspect, neither do you. It pays to look on the bright side of life, even when times look dark, drab and bleak.
Be an eternal optimist; the glass is never half empty, rather, it is half full!
This is admittedly harder than settling for a pessimistic mindset (it’s infuriatingly easy to succumb to!), but it can become easier with lots of practice.
Here are 15 quotes to help you preserve a healthy positive mental attitude.
- “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” – William James
- “Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.” – John N. Mitchell
- “You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” – Brian Tracy
- “Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” – Colin Powell
- “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
- “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” – Walter Scott
- “I believe the only thing that we really have control over is our attitude. If we focus on the positive things in our lives and learn how to cope with all the surprises, we will be happier people.” – Brandon Jenner
- “The winner’s edge is not in a gifted birth, a high IQ, or in talent. The winner’s edge is all in the attitude, not aptitude. Attitude is the criterion for success.” – Denis Waitley
- “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Today’s students can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains. If they can conceive it and believe it, they can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude.” – Jesse Jackson
- “Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes.” – E. F. Schumacher
- “A positive attitude can really make dreams come true – it did for me.” – David Bailey
I hope you’ve found these quotes beneficial. Onwards with positivity – a positive attitude pays dividends! 🙂