I’ve been doing a lot of thinking today. Do you often wonder how your life would have turned out if you had been wiser in the past? It would certainly have saved me a lot of trouble. But there’s no point dwelling on the past. Instead we have to concentrate on the present to build the best future we possibly can for ourselves. And that includes making wise decisions.
Wisdom is crucial to our progress.
The more years we say the wiser (hopefully!) we should become.
Nevertheless, it doesn’t stop us from the risk of abandoning this precious quality when having an off-day, or when the going gets tough.
Keep calm and stay wise.
Here are 10 quotes to aid you in your quest to remain wise on your personal development journey.
- “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
- “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
- “You can observe a lot by watching.” – Yogi Berra
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” – Confucius
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
- “My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.” – Marlo Thomas
- “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” – Khalil Gibran
- “The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.” – Lao Tzu
I feel wiser already I hope you do too!
Share the wisdom around!
Credits: Original Picture by GraphicStock