I love being myself. Not feeling the need to act in a particular way to impress others is really liberating! However, although it seems like an easy thing to do, it isn’t necessarily an easy feat to achieve. In fact, it took me many years to be courageous enough to practise being genuinely true to myself, rather than being an unhappy actress playing life roles which were expected of me. And now that I have tasted this sense of freedom, I will certainly not look back!
Here are 10 quotes to help you be true to yourself…
- “Just do you. Go with the flow and with your life because that’s you experiencing life. You being yourself is you doing your purpose, so the more we get out of the mindset of thinking there’s a certain way to go about things, the more free we become.” – Keke Palmer
- “It’s important to be true to yourself and your vision.” – Nicole Polizzi
- “People are at their happiest if they are true to themselves. I think that applies to their chosen profession, friends and relationships. It goes for your health too. If you are true to yourself, it seems to me everything should work out pretty well.” – Bebe Neuwirth
- “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
- “Being yourself is one of the hardest things because it’s scary. You always wonder whether you’ll be accepted for who you really are. I decided to call my record ‘Inside Out’ because that’s my motto about life. I don’t think you ever succeed at trying to be anyone else but who you truly are.” – Emmy Rossum
- “Really rejoice in being yourself. Have your own drumbeat.” – Kim Cattrall
- “Be true to yourself and go with your instincts – don’t be somebody you’re not just to fit in.” – Rachel Stevens
- “If you want to be original just try being yourself, because God has never made two people exactly alike.” – Bernard Meltzer
- “Everyone wants to belong, or be a part of something bigger than themselves, but it’s important to follow your heart and be true to yourself in the process.” – Emily Giffin
- “Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not clichés but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path.” – Phillip Sweet
So, just be the real, straight-up, genuine you. It’s the only way to live happily. ?