Imagine releasing the stress, the drama, the negativity, the tension. Imagine being in that perfect state of tranquillity and calm. Absolutely nothing can rattle your cage. You can remain zen even when the sky is falling on your head.
It would be lovely, wouldn’t it?
To have such inner peace, that is (not the sky falling on your head!). ?
It’s a pity that it’s not so easy to attain – most worthwhile things never are! Some people practise achieving this through meditation. Others (like me!) can be forced into it, to valiantly defend themselves from the confusion and chaos of highly toxic situations and people plaguing them, attempting to drag them down into the fiery bowels of hell. But inner peace is a prize definitely worth persevering for, so don’t give up pursuing it!
Below are 10 quotes to help you with your inner peace…
- “To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.” – Buddha
- “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters
- “Chaotic people often have chaotic lives, and I think they create that. But if you try and have an inner peace and a positive attitude, I think you attract that.”– Imelda Staunton
- “Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.” – Henri Nouwen
- “Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.” – Johnny Carson
- “If anything interferes with my inner peace, I will walk away. Arguments with family members. All that stuff. None of it matters.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “Motherhood has taught me the meaning of living in the moment and being at peace. Children don’t think about yesterday, and they don’t think about tomorrow. They just exist in the moment.” – Jessalyn Gilsig
- “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” – Mike Ditka
- “My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace.” – Denzel Washington
- “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” – Gerald Jampolsky
I hope these insightful quotes helped to bring you inner peace. Do you have any other quotes on this subject? If so, please write them in the comments section below. ?
Credits: Original Picture by GraphicStock
Latest posts by Nadine Grandison-Mills (see all)
- 14 OF MY FAVOURITE QUOTES BY MARCUS AURELIUS - May 29, 2017
- STORY CORNER: DIARY OF AN ABUSED LOVER (CHAPTER 34) - May 15, 2017
- STORY CORNER: DIARY OF AN ABUSED LOVER (CHAPTER 33) - May 1, 2017